Popular Posts

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Most Popular Shakespeare Bows


SHAKESPEARE BOW COUNT: eBay sales April 2013-2014
 The Most Popular and the Rarest Shakespeare /  Parabow Archery Models
compiled By Lewis Kent written and edited by Larry Vienneau

Lewis has been watching the sales of Shakespeare and Parabow bows for over a year. He has methodically recorded these sales trends in these two charts. After one year he has enough statistics to help both experienced collectors and novices with the array of models and the many variations within each Shakespeare and Parabow models.  Since it is our understanding that Shakespeare Archery sales and manufacturing records have been lost or destroyed over the years, Lewis thought this might be a relatively accurate guide to deduce the rarity of different styles of Shakespeare bows. The table and bar charts below show the percentage of each style of the bow as it appeared on eBay from April 2013 until April 2014. Use these tables and charts as a guide. It is possible that a bow slipped past us or that it was counted twice because it was offered for resale using different pictures.
The information collected has been added to these two charts to more accurately show the percentage of bows being sold on eBay.  The first bar chart contains the Shakespeare X1 thru the Shakespeare x40, it also contains the Shakespeare QT and any factory seconds that have been auctioned on eBay. The second bar chart contains the Shakespeare Parabow sales as listed on eBay.
This information will help both buyers and sellers understand the rarity of their respective bows. After one year we can clearly see that the most plentiful Shakespeare Models are the Sierra X18, followed by the Necedah X26 and Yukon X24. In the Parabow Models, the Rocket and Fury are most common. Plentiful doesn't mean less valuable, The Necedah is plentiful, and it is collectible because it is an excellent hunting bow, and the Sierra and Yukon models are excellent entry-level bows.
After one year of hard work, Lewis Kent has created a very useful tool for the collector. It is the most concise study of Shakespeare and Parabow models ever made, thanks, Lewis!!!



Shakespeare Models  
1959-76
’59-60 Model 100
’59-60 Model 200
’59-60 Model 300
’59-60 Model 400
’59-60 Model 500
’59-60 Model 600
X1 Shim-Bo
X2 Shim-Bo
X4 Purist
X5 Wambaw
X6 Graduate
X10 Professional
X10A Professional
X12 Wambaw
X14A Ocala Special
X15-63 Wonderbow
X15-66 Wonderbow
X15-69 Wonderbow
X15 Titan
X16 Supreme
X17-62 Ocala
X17 Ocala
X17A Ocala Special
X18-64 Wonderbow
X18 Sierra
X18W Ouachita
X19 Wonderbow
X19-63 Wonderbow
X20-58 Wonderbow
X20 Manitou
X21 Tioga
X22 Wonderbow
X22 Custer
X23 Pecos
X24 Wonderbow
M24
X24 Yukon
X25 Trident
X26 Necedah
X27 Kaibab
X28 Necedah
X29 Cascade
X30 Super Necedah
X31 Necedah
X32 Super Necedah
X40 Mancos
QT2 Takedown
Factory Second


Parabows
B1
Hunter
B1-C
Hunter
B2
Brushmaster
B3
Sharpshooter
B4
Robin
B6
Marksman
B7
Comet
B8
Rocket
B9
Fury
B10
Will Scarlet
B11
Parabow
B12
Parabow
B12
Omni-Bow



April 2013- April 2014






© Copyright, Larry Vienneau Jr.

All rights reserved.




22 comments:

  1. The X25 Trident is not seen on eBay very often, but one went up for sale yesterday 3/4. It's RH, 35#, and looks to be in good shape overall. I own a 30# one, and love it. Joe H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It look very clean.. If only it was lefty then it would be perfect :)

      Delete
    2. The Trident X25 sold on eBay for $117. plus $20. shipping. It seemed to be in great shape except for some surface damage affecting the Wonderbow logo. I paid $115. for mine at a antique shop (very similar condition, but perfect logos). Joe H

      Delete
  2. Hi, I own a Shakespeare Root Predator X114 it is a 54inch 60lb bow with a 28 inch draw Serial # M9948. I have owned this bow since I purchased it new around 1970. I just took it out of storage and took it to Cabelas to be checked out. They said that it is in near perfect condition and since it had been stored in the dark and unstrung that it did not even need a new string. We shot it on Cabelas range and it was great. Cabelas said that it is worth a minimum of $500 and could be as much as $2000. I would like to have some feedback thks.
    allanjudy1@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allen
      It sounds like a perfect bow, the value is always a question. Based on sale trends Root bow have sold from 100-600$ will few at the higher end. The $2000 is kinds of high though. It sounds like a higher value Root if the condition is close to mint and due also to it's high poundage. Send a photo
      shakespeare.archer@aol.com

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi all finally figured out how to post. I am new to the root bow world. I have been trying to collect root influenced bows since I found out about Ernie Root a few months ago on LW. A trade came up two weeks ago and that started it the bow I got is pictured on this site as 50's game master. Last weekend a put an offer on ebay for a rh300 that's has been on there for over a year. That's 2. On Monday this week a fellow a have traded with was on his way to look at five bows one was a kaibab in mint condition. That's 3. A nice start for me. Cameron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent Start indeed!!! , you sure have the right name to collect Root bows :)
      If you are one Facebook you might find these helpful
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/Vintagebowcollectors/
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/1455890787977046/
      Enjoy your new found addiction!!!!!

      Delete
    2. Yes I am. Under rootstraditionalarrows Thanks I'll check them out. Oh I will if the two I got coming shoot like the one I have my other bows will just hang there. Cameron

      Delete
  5. Hi! I found your page after a quick search. Today I was at a thrift shop in Las Vegas and came across an unstrung Root Predator. It's 50" and I can't recall the weight (it's at home and I am not). It's got a few chips in it, so it's not perfect condition, but it looks sturdy. I'm thinking of stringing it up and learning how to shoot it. Is it a good bow? Where would I go to get it strung?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nick, you can't do better then a Root bow. I have found that they are excellent shooters which out perform other well know bow manufacturers. I have never shot a 50" Predator but may they look like the 52" Root Game master which I own. I would say it is a good bow based on my experience with the root bows. The most important thing is to make sure there aren't any twists to the limbs. I can't tell you what kind of sting you need until I know the draw weight. there should be a series of numbers. the length will be at the top and the weight will have a #
      send me photos
      shakespeare.archer @aol.com

      Delete
    2. I was wrong! It's a 54". The numbers are:
      54"
      BO846
      +45+
      28"

      I don't see a # and it doesn't appear to have any twists in the limbs. I'll send pictures when I can.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Nick, the weight is "+45+" which means it is about 47 pounds draw weight. Thebow's length is 54" so you need a string 4 inches shorter, at 50". You can find many bow strings vendors on eBay, I have had great service form the ones I have dealt with. You should let the vendor know that your bow is a vintage bow and that you DON'T want fast flight string. You should order a 14 strand B-50 Dacron string. Good luck, I look forward to the photos

      Delete
  6. Hi I found a used Shakespeare parabow B8 Rocket for $15 is it worth trying to buy it? I would like to start bow shooting for fun. If I get good maybe hunt someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Value depends on condition and poundage but $15 is a good deal, enjoy!!

      Delete
  7. I have the original 69" at 45 lbs wonderbow x15. Do you know what it's worth ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the original 69" at 45 lbs wonderbow x15. Do you know what it's worth ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is impossible to give value without seeing the bow. send photos of full length of bow, front and back of upper and lower limbs, photos of the riser, photo of inscription, and photos of logos. send to shakespeare.archer@aol.com

      Delete
  9. I have found a parabow sharpshooter b-3 in good condition. From waverly ohio. Any idea on value?

    ReplyDelete